week 3 discussion question and assignment 1
Answer the questions on the discussion question and the assignment. Please be advised that the work will be checked by turnitin.com for plagrism.Questioins is taken from Rittenberg, L. E., Johnstone, K., Gramling, A., & Knapp, M. C. (2012). Auditing: A Business Risk Approach with Cases (8th ed.).
1a.From the case study, use the ethical framework to propose a course of action that you would take concerning the audit. Provide a rationale for your response.
1b.Imagine that you work for an audit firm and the firm selected you to assess its auditor independence and the potential threats to the firm. Determine at least two (2) potential threats to auditor independence and recommend one (1) strategy for the firm to eliminate or mitigate those threats you determined.
Assignment 1: Madoff Securities
Review the Madoff Securities case, located in Chapter 6 of your textbook.
Write a four page paper in which you
- Determine the regulatory oversight that was in place while the Ponzi scheme was operating, and speculate on the main reasons why they did not discover the scheme.
- Assume you are an auditor for a firm that had $10 million dollars invested in Madoff Securities.
- Determine the fundamental audit procedures that you should have applied to this investment.
- Predict the way in which a peer review of Friehling and Horowitz would have uncovered the scheme related to Madoff Securities.
- Pretend you are Harry Markopolos and suggest one (1) strategy, different from that of the case study, to expose the potential fraud. Provide a rationale to support the suggestion.
- Analyze the role of the audit committee for Madoff Securities in regard to the discovery of Ponzi scheme, and suggest one (1) action the audit committee could have taken in order to prevent or detect the fraud. Provide a rationale to support the suggestion.
- Use at least two (2) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar type Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the requirement for the profession of auditing and the integral role that independence assurance plays within the economy.
- Examine the corporate governance of audits including the professional, regulatory, and corporate managerial requirements.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in auditing.
- Write clearly and concisely about auditing using proper writing mechanics.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more