week 13 discussion sapolsky on fareed zakaria s gps
- Initial post due Wednesday by 11:59pm.
- Response to TWO classmates due Friday by 11:59pm.
This week we are continuing to work on Essay 3. This video for the week isn’t technically a TED talk, but its an academic interview, so I am treating it as such. If you have chosen the Robert Sapolsky piece for one of your sources, the video for this week will seem familiar. We will be watching an interview on GPS between the host Fareed Zakaria and Robert Sapolsky, who is a neuroendocrinologist and professor of biology, neurology, neurological sciences and neurosurgery at Stanford University.
After you have watched the video, please answer the following questions.
- What is Sapolsky’s main argument? Or what is his thesis?
- Name at least 2 specific examples/pieces of evidence he uses to support her argument? What kind of evidence is Sapolsky telling his audience in the speech?
- What was the biggest takeaway that you had from this video? What interested you the most?
- What is Sapolsky’s purpose? What does Sapolsky want from his audience?
- What is Zakaria’s tone? Is his tone successful in connecting with his audience? What is Sapolsky’s tone? Is his tone successful in connecting with his audience? Is there any difference between their tones? Is one more successful than the other?
- What is at least one specific examples of what Sapolsky describes that show up in Zootopia?(Remember to be as specific as possible.)
Happy Watching and Writing!
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more