The country of Iran is expending tremendous resources on developing a nuclear energy program that is believed by the Western countries to be weapons-oriented. Recently, a virus named the Stuxnet has been in the news because it was introduced into the Iranian computers controlling their nuclear program and wreaked havoc on their centrifuges. Unfortunately, this virus has now escaped and is available to malicious attackers so that it could potentially be used against our own infrastructure.
Watch the video from â€œ 60 Minutesâ€ titled, â€œStuxnet: Computer worm opens new era of warfareâ€, located at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WmaZYJwJng, concerning the Stuxnet virus.
Read the article titled, â€œNews briefs: Flame, Stuxnet, breach at LinkedIn and other security newsâ€, located at http://www.scmagazine.com/news-briefs-flame-stuxnet-breach-at-linkedin-and-other-security-news/article/245502/, concerning the Flame virus and Stuxnet.
Write a five (5) page paper in which you:
- Describe the virus and how it propagated itself onto servers over the Web based on the actual information provided. Assess the Web-based risks that led to the attack.
- Create a graphic rendering of how the virus was able to replicate onto remote servers using Visio or an equivalent such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Describe some of the common vulnerabilities to utility companies with a virus such as Stuxnet.
- Discuss some secure coding efforts and practices under way to mitigate the vulnerabilities exposed by this particular episode.
- Determine if Stuxnet or a similar virus could happen here, and how you would protect the utility infrastructure in light of a heavy reliance on the Internet and Web-based applications which allow remote access.
- Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or Dia. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more