Unit 3 Discussion Science
Immunity and the Common Cold
Humans have been plagued by disease throughout history and just about everyone has experienced the common cold at some point in time. During your life you will probably have more colds than any other type of illness. Humans have an amazing immune system that helps them fight foreign invaders, but sometimes the way your body fights these invaders causes unpleasant side effects that are often treated with over-the-counter medications.
You can learn more about the common cold at the following resource:
- Source: National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. (n.d.). Common cold. http://www.niaid.nih.gov/topics/commoncold/Pages/default.aspx
During the week address the following questions:
- What is the common cold?
- Should antibiotics be taken to treat a cold? Why, or why not?
- Why do humans not build immunity to the common cold?
- Would it be reasonable to expect that science will develop an immunization for the common cold in your lifetime? Why, or why not?
- You all have your own strategies for preventing or recovering from a cold. Please share your favorite strategy for fighting the common cold. Find and cite a source (reputable if possible) that either supports or disputes your favorite strategy.
- Later in the week, compare your cold fighting strategy to some described by your classmates.
- Can you draw a relationship between the different strategies?
- Do they have any commonalities?
- How do they differ?
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more