TO BE HAND IN 8 HOURS
Transfer pricing is probably one of the biggest tax issues facing taxing authorities. Transfer pricing involves allocating revenues and costs between countries in order to create the best possible tax situation for a multinational company. For this assignment, you will be required to respond to the following scenario:
A multinational company has hired you as its tax professional to advise the company on how to use transfer pricing to avoid or mitigate taxes. This company manufactures and sells cars in the U.S. and two (2) foreign countries.
Using the Internet or Strayer Library, research the rules and techniques for transfer pricing. Choose two foreign countries and research their respective tax rates.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Based on your research, create projections of revenues, costs, and tax rates for all three (3) countries, including the U.S. Provide support for your projections.
- Based on your projections, create at least two (2) scenarios in which you allocate revenues and costs to each country to determine the lowest possible overall tax for each country. Provide support for your rationale.
- Create at least three (3) scenarios and propose a scenario to the client that will result in a favorable tax position. Provide support for your rationale.
- Create at least three (3) scenarios and propose a scenario to your client that is less likely to result in an IRS audit. Provide support for your rationale.
- Assume that the IRS has challenged the allocations and is preparing to audit the client. Prepare a position to defend the client to IRS. Provide support for your position.
- Imagine that you are an IRS agent auditing a multinational company’s transfer pricing methods. Evaluate the tools you could use to perform the audit and propose an audit plan. Provide support for the strategy.
- Use at least five (5) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.)
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine various transfer pricing methodologies and how they impact taxation.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in international tax planning and research.
- Write clearly and concisely about international tax planning and research using proper writing mechanics.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more