strayer week 8 mortgage approvals case study
Read the following case study:
A major financial services company wishes to better understand its mortgage approval process. In particular, the company is interested in learning about the effects of credit history (good versus fair), the size of the mortgage (<$500,000 versus >$500,000), and the region of the United States (western versus eastern) on the amount of time it takes to get a mortgage approved. The database of mortgages approved in the last year is accessed, and a random sample of five approved mortgages is selected for each of the eight combinations of the three variables. The data are shown in the table
Mortgage Approval Time Study
Credit History Mortgage Size Region Approval Times (Days)
Good <$500,000 Western 59 50 64 62 47
Fair <$500,000 Western 81 58 69 65 74
Good >$500,000 Western 38 52 58 60 65
Fair >$500,000 Western 146 159 133 143 129
Good <$500,000 Eastern 28 26 38 41 21
Fair <$500,000 Eastern 42 53 40 50 64
Good >$500,000 Eastern 49 31 49 42 38
Fair >$500,000 Eastern 106 115 126 118 138
First, conduct an analysis using the following steps:
- Use the data shown in the table to conduct a design of experiment (DOE) in Microsoft Excel in order determine the nature and magnitude of the effects of the three variables on mortgage approval times. What are the key drivers of this process?
- Determine the graphical display tool (e.g., Interaction Effects Chart, Scatter Chart, etc.) that you would use to present the results of the DOE that you conducted in Question 1. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Assess the data sampling method. Our sample contained only five mortgages per combination. Under what circumstances would it have been appropriate to select a larger sample? Is a sample of five mortgages adequate to access the relative magnitudes of the effects of the variables? What sample size would you recommend? What could you learn from a larger sample size? (Hint: Look back at chapter 2, 3, 5, and 6 for discussion of sampling.)
- Provide other variable responses that might be of interest to measure and study. (Hint: If you were getting a mortgage or a loan, what are the two and most important measures of the process you would have to go through?)
- Propose one overall recommendation to the financial services company, based on the DOE, that could help reduce mortgage approval times.
- Use http://research.strayer.edu to identify at least two (2) quality references to support your discussion. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Second, create a PPT presentation to communicate the data analysis you completed. Your presentation must follow these formatting requirements:
- A PPT presentation with at least 10 slides that include the answers to questions 1 through 5.
- A reference slide which follows APA format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Formatting of the slides should be consistent and easy to read.
- Cover slide containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more