social work supervision in organizational context
Reflect on and discuss the following questions using the readings from this weekâ€™s module, as well as CVF and Stories of Transformative Leadership:
- How are social work supervision and management roles different and how are they similar? What are the goals and values of each?
- What strengths does the social work supervisory role bring to the organization vs. management or other organizational leadership type roles? What organizational values do they each address? What are some of the challenges associated with each role?
- How do these roles complement one another to achieve a balance and stability within the organization?
- What skills contribute to the effectiveness of each of these roles?
- Describe your own experiences with these roles either as a manager, supervisor or supervisee within an organization you have worked in as an employee, volunteer, or intern. Describe which role you feel or have felt most competent in. Do you have a preference for any particular role? Would your response differ depending upon whether you are answering from the perspective of an employee or an employer? (Describe this as if you were a social worker)
- Textbook: Chapters 6 – 7, pp. 159 – 245, in Kadushin, A., Harness, D. (2014). Supervision in Social Work (5th ed.). Columbia University Press.
- Dr. Lawrence Shulman: Models of Supervision: Parallel Processes and Honest Relationships (in SocialWork Podcast #5; 38:04 minutes, transcript on site)
- Bodenhiemer, D. (2018). Real World Clinical Blog: On Social Work Supervision. The New Social Worker.
- Ellis, M. V. (2010). Bridging the science and practice of clinical supervision: Some discoveries, some misconceptions. The Clinical Supervisor, 29, 95-116. Doi 10.1080/07325221003741910
- NASW Supervision Standards
500 Words APA format!!
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more