revising paper 7
1. Point 1: The goal of this paper is to allow you to analyze how â€œhistoriographyâ€ is an ongoing process largely influenced by the news media.
Point 2: For this assignment, you are going to pick a specific, single international event and examine how this event is presented by different news media sources from around the globe. You are being asked to compare the articles you have selected for this assignment and discuss how the differing ways in which the event you have chosen actually reflects more than the “plain” facts, but rather reveals complex layers of social values, assumptions, biases, beliefs and meanings by each of your articles’ authors.
2. 1.How does news media influence historiography?
2.What do the similarities and differences between the newspaper article illustrate about the writing of history/ â€œplain facts?â€ How are those differences/similarities significant?
- Op Eds
- Topics like â€œsporting events, a natural disaster, a health crisis or an outbreak of diseaseâ€
- Articles that were written more than two days apart from one another
- Topics that were written more than two months before the announcement of this assignment
- repeating articles that come from the same country as one another (each article needs to come from a different country)
- Using less than four articles
- Writing a paper that is less than 2000 words
- Forgetting a bibliography
- Necessary Context to understand the paper topic (What is the paper about..)
- Your thesis statement/argument (What is your argument?)
- A concluding statement ( for this paper, it can look like a short description of methodology) (How will you be making your argument?)
1.Compare and Contrast the articles (This can look like a description of the articles/an outline of those differences and similarities)
2. Use quotes and examples from the articles
2.Explain why those similarities or differences matter (i.e how do they support your overall argument/thesis statement?)
- You will be using Chicago Author/Date Style
- It looks like this (Islas 2019, pg 3)
- And a bibliography entry looks like this: Manjoo, Farhad. 2017. â€œSnap Makes a Bet on the Cultural Supremacy of the Camera.â€ New York Times, March 8, 2017.
- Here is where you can find more examples and descriptions: https://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide/citation-guide-2.html
- They are not summaries, they are reflections
- The moment in your paper in which you reflect on why what you said matters
- For this paper that means: Why does these differences and similarities in these newspaper articles matter for our understanding historiography?
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more