Religious study class assignment .. Follow the directions ..
This is a religious studies class and when we study religion through the lens of sacred books it is important to experience and/or observe the text in practice. Each of the world’s religion has a distinct style of worship, so the purpose of this assignment is to visit religious services to get a firsthand account of religion outside of the classroom.
During this visit you will need to pay close attention to your surroundings, be able to explain what happened during the service and how it felt during your time there. If you get a sense of the sacred at this service, try to describe what it was like. This report should be two pages, double spaced. Pay particular attention to the use of sacred books and how they are used in worship and ritual.
1. Denomination of Faith – Which branch of Christianity(Eastern Orthodox, Roman Catholic or Protestant) are you exploring during this visit?
2. Architecture and Interior Organization – Where is the service taking place? Are there stained windows, banners, benches, chairs, bulletin boards, artifacts, a library, etc.?
3. Style of Worship – liturgical, order of service, bulletin, formal, informal?
4. Music – Is it classical, contemporary, or another style? Doyou see a choir or instruments?
5. Sacred Texts – What translation? Which texts? Who readsthe text?
6. Prayer – Is it recited, personal, or silent? Who prays at this service?
7. Form Service was Given – Was it sermon, homily, spoken word?
8. Theology – What ideas were presented?
9. Posture in Worship – Are you standing, sitting, kneeling, touching?
10. Authority – Hermeneutics, who interprets the scripture and how?
11. Intangibles – Is there a sense of the sacred?
Ashlee Godwin, revised 3/28/2013
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more