ratios and porportions
Jade’s car will go 35 feet on 3 gallons. Jade wants to know how fuel efficient the car is. Please help by computing the ratio. (round to 2 decimal places)
2) There is a special at the store: $60 for 6 limes. Ann is trying to figure out if it’s a good deal. Help Ann figure out the unit price (round to 2 decimal places)
3) Gill found 26 tulips for $9. Please help Gill by figuring out the ratio. (round to 2 decimal places)
4) Jade can travel 16 miles in 11 hours. Please calculate Jade’s rate of speed. (round to 2 decimal places)
5) A display case of sweaters are marked 2 for $7. If Waldo wants to buy 38 sweaters, how much will Waldo spend (not including tax)?
6) To make a fruit salad, Opal uses 28 pears for every 9 people. If Opal wants to serve 27 people, how many pears will Opal use?
7) A display case of wallets are marked 19 for $2. If Betty has $38, how many wallets can Betty get? (Assume no tax or other fees.)
8) A display case of jackets are marked 60 for $17. If Molly wants to buy 900 jackets, how much will Molly spend (not including tax)?
9) You are lost, and ask someone for directions. They drew a quick map for you and told you that 16 inches : 19 kilometers. If the distance to your destination is 209 kilometers, how far away is your destination on the map in inches?
10) The flag of OverlySandy Beach always has to be in a 7 : 8 scale. If you have enough fabric to make the item have 40 millimeters as its length, what does the width of the flag need to be in millimeters?
11) You are lost, and ask someone for directions. They drew a quick map for you and told you that 2 inches : 9 yards. If the distance to your destination is 72 yards, how far away is your destination on the map in inches?
12) The flag of Imaginary Island always has to be in a 5 : 8 scale. If you have enough fabric to make the item have 45 centimeters as its width, what does the length of the flag need to be in centimeters?
13) A certain ore contains 20 percent quartz. How much ore (in tons) is needed to obtain 1700 tons of quartz?
14) A snail can move 8 inches in 11 minutes. At this rate, how many feet can it move in 33 hours?
15) If Craig cleans a 2000 square foot building for a total of $466.00, what is the amount Craig gets paid per square foot?
16) A certain ore contains 12 percent copper. How much ore (in tons) is needed to obtain 588 tons of copper?
17) If Nancy’s rent is $583 per month and Nancy moved in on the 21th of October, what will Nancy’s prorated amount be?
18) A substance is 96% water. Some water evaporates, leaving a substance that is 95% water. How much of the water evaporated?
19) In a cafeteria, the ratio of the number of girls to the number of boys was 6:7. When 117 girls entered the cafeteria, the new ratio of the number of girls to the number of boys became 7:6. How many pupils were in the auditorium at first?
20) In a school, the ratio of the number of girls to the number of boys was 3:5. When 70 girls entered the school, the new ratio of the number of girls to the number of boys became 2:1. How many pupils were in the auditorium at first?
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more