psyc 1110 write a social psychological analysis of the day of nonconformity
- Participate in the Day of Nonconformity
- How did you define nonconformity, and what did you focus your efforts on?
- If your behavior was different than normal, which person did you like more: the “Day of Nonconformity you” or the “normal you”? If you preferred the “Day of Nonconformity you,” what are the psychological factors that prevent this “you” from coming out?
- What are the psychological costs and benefits of living authentically? In your view, do the benefits outweigh the costs?
- How did others respond to your nonconformity? Do you think they noticed a difference in your behavior? What attributions did people make for your behavior, and why?
- If you wanted to encourage others to behave as you did during the Day of Nonconformity, what psychological techniques would you use?
- If you were to predict your behavior one month from now, do you think it will be changed in any way as a result of participating in the Day of Nonconformity? If so, how? If not, why not?
To participate in this event, your challenge will be to live each minute of that day in a way that is as uninfluenced as possible by conformity pressures to appear cool, fit in with a group, or go along with others to be liked or accepted. In other words, for a full 24-hour period you should live in a way that is true to yourself while not infringing on the rights of others.
When carrying out this assignment, leave no behavior unexamined — from washing your face to eating lunch to talking with friends to watching TV. That is, don’t just avoid obvious acts of phoniness or insincerity; strive for the deepest level of authenticity, in whatever way you define it for yourself. The goal is not to be different, unique, or selfish, but to be your own person.
Write About Your Experience
You will turn in a social psychological analysis of what the day was like (typewritten doubled-spaced 1 – 2 pages). Here are some sample questions you might address:
In carrying out this assignment, try to go beyond superficial descriptive accounts and see if you can arrive at social psychological insights about yourself or others.
Note: To minimize any bias in social reactions, it is best if you do not tell others about the class assignment until after the Day of Nonconformity is over. Also, under no circumstances should you behave in a way that harms others or is unethical or illegal (yes, this means keeping your clothes on in public)
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more