Promoting Cognitive Development – 2nd post and request
Promoting Cognitive Development
Promoting Cognitive Development
As you have learned in your readings, Piaget, Erikson, Skinner, and Vygotsky took different approaches to child development. Oneâ€™s theoretical perspective influences approaches to child development. The Jacksons are a young couple living in Centervale. They have approached Keith, the child development consultant, for advice on how to promote and nurture the cognitive development of their preschooler Jasmine.
Watch the following video to learn more about the similarities and differences of developmental theories. Study of the Child: Theories of Development I, produced by Herzog, Milan & Herzog, Shanta (Learning Seed, 1997), 29:02 mins obtained from Alexander Street Press Education in Video from AUO Library.
- Compare and contrast the approaches of each of the four perspectives (Piaget, Erikson, Skinner, and Vygotsky).
- Explain how each theorist would approach the issue of cognitive development in early childhood. Describe how Keithâ€™s advice to Jasmineâ€™s parents might vary depending on his theoretical perspective.
- What role would society and family play in Jasmineâ€™s cognitive development at this stage of development? What cultural, psychosocial and physical influences will be seen?
- Incorporate information learned in your readings and at least one peer-reviewed* article from the AUO library to support your conclusions.
* Peer reviewed means an article from a reputable journal, which can be found in the library. Peer reviewed indicates that other professionals in the field have reviewed and deemed it worthy of publication, in contrast to much if what we find online: someone posting something they want, without someone else verifying that their methods were rigorous enough and the study is valid. Use your book and course lectures as your primary resources, as well as articles from our library. If you must supplement from a website, do NOT use .coms. Instead, look for .org, .gov, and sometimes .edu for more reputable sources. Never use Wikipedia or about.com.
Write a 7-8 page paper in Word format. Be sure to include introductory and concluding paragraphs in your paper, a title page and a reference page. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more