Lab 02 Oxygen Atoms â€“ A Burning Question
Description: A candle will burn only if oxygen is present.
- Two empty jars; one pint size and one quart size
- Stop watch or clock
- Potholder (Jar will get hot!!)
- Light a candle. Invert the empty pint-size jar over the candle. Using a stopwatch, record the length of time that the candle burns under the jar.
- Repeat step 1 with the quart-sized jar. Record your answers in the table.
Time (in seconds)
- WhaT type of candle did you use?
- A candle will burn only if oxygen is present. Will a candle burn twice as long in an inverted quart jar as it will in an inverted pint jar? Support your answer.
- If the air were oxygen-enriched (containing a higher concentration of oxygen), would the candle burn longer?Explain your reasoning.
Lab 03 Inertia â€“ A Body in Motion
In this experiment you will try to drop a tennis ball on a target as you run past the target. As you conduct this experiment, think of the challenges Air Force pilots had before the invention of the guided missiles that are used today. Pilots in World War II had to understand math/physics in order to drop bombs on targets while causing as little harm as possible to surrounding buildings and people. These are the same concepts that you will learn with this experiment.
Before you begin, try to guess what will happen. Try to figure out when you will need to release the ball in order to hit the target. Write down your predictions. Give the reasons why you think you are correct. (Record your predictions and reasons on the next page.)
â€¢ one tennis ball
â€¢ clearly-marked target(s), i.e., notebook paper, a chalk mark, or tape
Place a target 10 meters away from a starting line. Mark the starting line with chalk or tape.
- Hold the tennis ball and do not let your elbow leave your side as you run and drop the ball. Do not throw the ball. You should hold the ball from its sides so that you can release your grip as you let it drop. Remember to drop the ball and not throw it, otherwise you will change the intent of the experiment.
- Have an assistant stand alongside (but slightly back from) the running path to act as an observer. S/he should stand near the target so that s/he can see exactly where you released the ball and where the ball strikes the ground. You will sprint toward the target as fast as you can and try to drop the ball so that it lands on the target.
- Once youâ€™ve hit the target have the observer stand where you released the ball, this is the release point. Measure the distance from the target to the release point. Be sure to measure from the target and not the starting point. Draw and include a diagram showing the release point with the labeled distance from the target.
- Repeat Steps 2-4, sprinting at a slower speed.
- For the last trial, you should walk toward the target. Repeat Steps 2-4.
- Write a summary of your results. Form conclusions based on the speed of the runner, the location of each ballâ€™s release, and the exact point where each ball landed.
Lab 03 Inertia â€“ A Body in Motion Report
Trial 1 â€“ Sprinting
Trial 2 â€“ Slower Sprint
Trial 3 – Walk
Write a summary of your results. Form conclusions based on the speed of the runner, the location of each ballâ€™s release, and the exact point where each ball landed.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more