phy 108 questions 9
Homework problems: Chapters 15-16
- Suppose that water waves have a wavelength of 2.4 m and a period of 0.5 seconds. Whatâ€™s the velocity of these water waves?
- A sound wave has a velocity of 334 m/s and a frequency of 400 Hz. Whatâ€™s the wavelength of the sound? What type of waves are sound waves?
- Two waves propagate from different directions on the same rope. Suppose they have the same amplitude 0.2 m. Whatâ€™s the possible maximum and minimum fluctuation of the rope, respectively?
- The tension force on a string is 80 N. The mass of the string is 0.1 kg and the length is 0.5 m. What will be speed of waves produced on the string?
- An orange light has a frequency of 6×1014 Hz. Whatâ€™s its wavelength? What type of waves are light waves?
- Please list all known electromagnetic waves in order of frequency from highest to lowest.
- What is electromagnetic induction and what are its applications?
Homework problems: Chapter 17
- A laser beam reaches surface of a glass block with an incident angle of 45â°.
1) Please draw a schematic diagram to show reflection ray and refraction ray.
2) If glass has an index of refraction of 1.5, whatâ€™s the speed of light in glass.
- A converging lens has a focus length of 10 cm. A pencil stands on its optic axis with a distance of 15 cm from the lens.
a) Please draw three principal rays to find the image of the pencil;
b) Whatâ€™s the image distance?
c) Is it magnified? Is the image inverted?
- A concave mirror has a focal length of 10 cm. Please draw two principal rays to find the image of a pencil standing 15 cm away from it.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more