obd 489 discussion 1 analysis workforce trends in your industry
Discussion #1: Analysis: Workforce Trends in Your Industry
Select at least three or four of the workforce trends covered in this weekâ€™s readings and media.
- How are the trends described in this weekâ€™s learning materials impacting your own workplace experiences?
- How is your current (or a former) work organization responding to these trends?
- What are the implications for your current work and/or your own development as a manager and leader?
Please be sure to develop an answer that is at least 1.5 to 2 pages in length (to adequately cover multiple work force trends), and please make very specific connections to the readings and media.
Here are the references:
- Friedman, S. (2008, April). Be a better leader, have a richer life. Retrieved from https://hbr.org/2008/04/be-a-better-leader-have-a-richer-life
- Pace, A. (2010). Unleashing positivity in the workplace. T & D, 64 (1), 40-44. [See the instructions below for locating this article in the NLU eLibrary.]
- Waber, B., Magnolfi, J., & Lindsay, G. (2014, October).Workspaces that move people. Retrieved from https://hbr.org/2014/10/workspaces-that-move-people
- Wolf, B. (2014). Managing remote workers. T+D, 68(7), 18. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com.nl.idm.oclc.org/abiglobal/docview/1628555220/fulltextPDF/1D81C638982A414DPQ/1?accountid=40898
- Seppala, E. & Cameron, K. (2015, December). Proof that positive work cultures are more productive. Retrieved from https://hbr.org/2015/12/proof-that-positive-work-cultures-are-more-productive
Surf & Skim: Recent Reports & Articles on Workplace Trends
The following websites and articles present and discuss trends that are currently impacting the work and role of leaders.
- Sodexo, a leader in “quality of life services” for organizations worldwide has released a 2018 Global Workplace Trends report that taps into this week’s key workforce themes. A must-read for all managers, this report can be downloaded free of charge. The Sodexo website provides a summary of key takeaways.
- A popular website for business leaders, FastCompany offers insight into contemporary workforce trends. The following article captures this week’s topic: What companies should be doing to retain talent in 2019.
- An important publication for entrepreneurs, Inc.com offers key guidance for business owners. The following article addresses learning & growth: Love Learning and Growing at Work? These 4 Big Predictions for the 2019 Workplace Are Good News Then.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more