The company is Carnival Cruise LIne
obtain the Annual Report (Form 10K) and Proxy Statement (Form DEF 14A) of the company for the immediate past fiscal year. Review these documents in addition to Earnings Releases and other financial information available on the companyâ€™s Investor Relations website to evaluate the following items.
Independent Auditorâ€™s Report
- Based on the selected public traded company, what type of auditorâ€™s report was issued on the financial statements.
- What kind of evidence the auditors found that indicated the company did not follow Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Identify members of the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, its functions, and number of meetings held.
- Determine if the composition of this committee satisfies Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) requirements in terms of independence and accounting knowledge.
- Review the audit committee report and discuss Committee actions. Determine how these actions ensure the integrity of the audited financial statements.
Independent Registered Public Accountants
- Identify the companyâ€™s independent registered public accounting firm.
- Determine how long this firm has served as the external auditors.
- Determine other services, if any, provided to or on behalf of the company.
- Determine fees paid to this firm by type of service provided.
- Discuss changes in or disagreements with the accountants on accounting and financial disclosures, if any.
Reports of the Independent Registered Public Accountants
- Review the report of the independent registered public accounting firm on internal controls. Determine if the report and its contents meet the criteria established in Internal Control â€“ Integrated Framework issued by the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) and the PCAOB.
- Review the report of the independent registered public accounting firm on the audited financial statements. Determine what type of opinion was issued and whether the work performed meets the criteria of COSO and the PCAOB, in addition to GAAP and GAAS.
Prepare a 10-12 page research paper (excluding title page, abstract, references page, and appendices containing financial analysis) in APA format that presents the findings of your analysis of the companyâ€™s SEC filings. Your paper should also discuss the following:
- The type of auditorâ€™s report that was issued.
- What kind of evidence the auditors found which indicated the company did not follow Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Roles, responsibilities, and objectives of internal and external auditors.
- Types and assessment of audit and Internal control risks.
- Ethical standards in auditing and the implications of unethical behavior.
- Internal control system, its role in a business and its significance in the auditing process.
- Use of computer assisted auditing techniques.
- GAAS, GAAP, PCAOB, and COSO requirements for audits of publicly traded companies.
In addition to the SEC Forms, a minimum of five (5) peer-reviewed academic or professional references must be used in the paper.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more