Must know how to use the SPSS Format
Imagine you are a researcher who believes that a relaxation technique involving visualization will help people with mild insomnia fall asleep faster. You randomly select a sample of 20 participants from a population of mild insomnia patients and randomly assign 10 to receive visualization therapy. The other 10 participants receive no treatment.
You then measure how long (in minutes) it takes participants to fall asleep. Your data are below. The numbers represent the number of minutes each participant took to fall asleep.
No Treatment (
22 19 18 17 27 24 20 21 23 27 26 21 27 23 22 18 24 19 22 22
To complete this Assignment, submit by Day 7 a response to each of the following:
- Explain whether you chose to use an independent-samples t test or a matched-samples t test. Provide a rationale for your choice.
- Identify the independent and dependent variables.
- Knowing you believe the treatment will reduce the amount of time to fall asleep, state the null and alternate hypotheses in words (not formulas).
- Explain whether you would use a one-tailed or two-tailed test and why.
- Explain whether you have homogeneity of variance, and explain how you know. Explain why it is important to know if you have homogeneity of variance.
- Identify the obtained t value for this data set using SPSS.
- Identify the degrees of freedom and explain how you determined it.
- Identify the p value.
- Explain whether you should retain or reject the null hypothesis and why.
- Explain what you can conclude about the effectiveness of visualization therapy.
- Submit three documents for grading: your text (Word) document with your answers and explanations to the application questions, your SPSS Data file, and your SPSS Output file.
- Provide an APA reference list.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more