music writing 5
1) Find a song or video that you feel has the following characteristics:
- a) Contains music that explores “chance elementsâ€ similar in some way to the concepts discussed in class and in your textbook reading. AND b) Something that challenges traditional concepts of what “improvisation” is in music – especially in jazz.
- c) Carefully consider what those concepts are (or might be), and why the artist (performer, band, etc) is using them.
2) Give the brief â€œfactsâ€ of your work: Title, Composer(s), Performers (artists or band name), Length of song, Record label, year of first release by this artist, etcâ€¦
3) Then give a detailed analysis of the song, in your own words, describing how your song is a good match for the assignment requirements. This can be a very tough assignment; be certain that you think about this and ask people you know for ideas on “chance” and “improvisation” – how do they relate to one another and what is the difference between spontaneous improvisation vs. music that is designed to incorporate chance happenings (aleatoric music). Remember, basic research on the style of music you are submitting, its origins, relationships to other music (and the important features of assigned songs), and important information should be included. Also, you must demonstrate that you’ve researched details, related to your reading and listening assignments, in your writings in order to get full credit for your work. (Cite your sources.)
4) And finally, include a URL to the location of the work so that the professor can watch/listen to the music for grading
Grading Rubric for this assignment:
- Timely submission â€“ 2 points (late submission loses these points – after 2 weeks you can no longer submit the assignment or get credit for it)
- Song â€œfactsâ€ â€“ 2 points (requirement 2 above lists these)
- Song description (analysis) â€“ 5 points (requirements 1 & 3 above list these)
- Including a working URL link â€“ 1 point (requirement 4 above lists this, make sure the link works)
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more