mth410 week 2 business profits
I did this assignment but got a horrible grade and the professor said that I can re submit for a better grade. I need someone to fix mine so it follows the directions. Here is the prompt. I have the Excl with the work done, and a 4 page paper.
The research firm LL Research collected data from 200 client businesses. They want to determine how the businesses compare among four variables:
2015 Profit in millions of dollars
2016 Profit in millions of dollars
2015-2016 Two-Year Change in Daily Average Customer Visits
Two-Year Average Number of Employees
Data collected for the sample of 200 businesses is contained in the file named Businesses, linked at the bottom of the page. Be sure to use all 200 data points.
Prepare a report (see below) using the numerical methods of descriptive statistics presented in this module to learn how each of the variables contributes to the success of a clientâ€™s business. Be sure to include the following three items in your report.
- Compute descriptive sample statistics (mean, median, two quartiles Q1 and Q3 (using QUARTILE.EXC), minimum, maximum, range, interquartile range, sample standard deviation, and coefficient of variation) for each of the four variables along with an explanation of what the descriptive statistics tell us about the client businesses.
- In this case, which measure of central tendency would be best for this application? Explain why.
- Which measure of variation would be best for this application? Explain why.
- How can one use the above descriptive statistics to understand the businesses better?
- Which graphical displays of data would you use to help understand or complement the above descriptive statistics? Explain how and why.
Note: QUARTILE.EXC works only for Excel 2010 or newer.
- Compute the percent change in profit from 2015 to 2016 for each business.
- What would the percent change tell us in this application?
- Then use the z-score to determine which businesses were outliers with respect to percent change in profit.
- How would identifying outliers be useful in this application?
- What advice might you give to businesses that are outliers?
- How else would you determine outliers?
- Compute the sample correlation coefficient, showing the relationship between percent change in profit and each of the other two variables (2015-2016 Two-Year Change in Daily Average Customer Visits and Two-Year Average Number of Employees).
- Explain what the correlation coefficients tell us about the three pairs of relationships. Use tables, charts, or graphs to support your conclusions.
Write a report that adheres to the formatting and APA expectations outlined on the Citing & APA Resources page (Links to an external site.) in the CSU-Global Writing Center. As with all written assignments at CSU-Global, you should have in-text citations and a reference page.
Submit your Excel file in addition to your report.
- The paper must be written in third person.
- Your paper should be four to five pages in length (counting the title page and references page) and cite and integrate at least one credible outside source. The CSU-Global Library (Links to an external site.) is a great place to find resources.
- Include a title page, introduction, body, conclusion, and a reference page.
- The introduction should describe or summarize the topic or problem. It might discuss the importance of the topic or how it affects you or society as a whole, or it might discuss or describe the unique terminology associated with the topic.
- The body of your paper should answer the questions posed in the problem. Explain how you approached and answered the question or solved the problem, and, for each question, show all steps involved. Be sure the Word document is in paragraph format, not numbered answers like a homework assignment.
- The conclusion should summarize your thoughts about what you have determined from the data and your analysis, often with a broader personal or societal perspective in mind. Nothing new should be introduced in the conclusion that was not previously discussed in the body paragraphs. Your conclusion should emanate (be aligned with) your findings.
- Include any tables of data or calculations, calculated values, and/or graphs associated with this problem in the body of your assignment.
- Document formatting, citations, and style should conform to the Citing & APA Resources page (Links to an external site.). A short summary containing guidelines for paper formatting, citations, and references is contained in the New Sample APA Paper (Links to an external site.). In addition, information in the CSU-Global Virtual Library under the Writing Center/APA Resources tab (Links to an external site.) has many helpful areas (Writing Center, Writing Tips, Template & Examples/Papers & Essays, and others).
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more