M5 A1LASA 2: Inappropriate Behavior
Assignment 1: LASA 2: Inappropriate Behavior
Marwan has worked at Studio Five Theme Park as a character actor portraying a swash-buckling pirate. He does not have an employment contract. He loves his job because of his seniority with the company and all the attention he receives from the guests in the park. Unknown to anyone, his prosthetic leg has no noticeable impact on Marwan’s success in this position.
Marwan has become an accomplished flirt with all this attention, and now goes to the extent of placing his hands on the female guests’ behinds when posing for pictures. The women he has encountered so far have not complained, didn’t seem to mind, or they were taken by such surprise they were not sure how to respond.
One day, Marwan grabbed the breast of one of his fellow female actors who had been recently hired. When she threatened to report him, Marwan told her that he could get her fired if she did not go on a date with him. The fellow employee reported the incident anyway and Marwan was terminated immediately. Marwan contends that he was terminated as a result of physical disability.
Research employment law related to hiring/firing and discrimination, using your textbook, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet. Based on the facts of the case and research, write an analytical paper. In the paper, respond to the following questions:
- What civil rights laws may prohibit Marwanâ€™s conduct with his fellow co-worker? Do those laws apply to his conduct toward the park guest? Explain both answers.
- Did Marwan commit sexual harassment? If so, what type? Explain your answers and the terms you use.
- What is the legal nature of Marwanâ€™s employment? Explain your answers and the terms you use.
- What actions and steps should Studio Five take against Marwan? Explain what actions you considered and why you either recommend them or reject them.
- Discuss Marwanâ€™s allegation that he is being discriminated against based on his disability and what response Studio Five may have to that allegation. What would each of them have to prove in court?
- If the female employee sues Studio Five Theme Park, what defenses can Studio Five use? Are they liable for Marwanâ€™s conduct even if they were unaware of and did not approve of Marwan’s actions? Explain your answers and the terms you use.
- If Marwan was a member of a union that had a collective bargaining agreement with Studio Five, would that change any of your previous answers?
- What types of company policies, procedures, and actions should businesses employ to avoid harassment of their employees?
Write a ten-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards for writing style to your work.
Submit your assignment to the M5: Assignment 1 Dropbox by Saturday, September 7, 2013.
Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M5_A1.doc.
For assistance with any problems you may have when completing this assignmentâ€”ORâ€”to offer your assistance to classmates, please use theProblems and Solutions Discussion area located through the left side navigation link.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more