legal and ethical issue week 4
During week 4, you will write a paper about employee codes of conduct.
Most businesses have an employee code of ethics, but some businesses see the document as just another human resources requirement. Most employees see the document as one more thing to read, one more training to attend, or one more document to sign. In fact, these documents can set the tone for the behavior of employees, especially when the employees are properly educated on the contents of the document and how to handle ethical questions.
In Discussion Prompt 1 in the Week 4 Discussion Forum, you will be asked to analyze St. Marthaâ€™s Employee Code of Conduct. It may be helpful to complete that task before beginning this assignment.
For this assignment,
- Write a paper about employee codes of conduct using information from your textbook and at least two other scholarly sources.
- First, research employee codes of ethics, especially for the medical field. Next, find some examples of employee codes of ethics from medical facilities and choose the one from the facility you feel is the best. Please note the facility and the code of ethics you are choosing.
- Next, discuss why you chose that particular code of ethics as the best example (e.g., What topics does it cover? Why are these important? How does it word information?).
- Also, discuss the items of ethical concern in a medical setting that were not covered at all or that were not covered well in the document.
- Finally, present a plan of action for educating your staff on a new employee code of ethics. Remember that we now live in a world of entertainment where an old-fashioned lecture and PowerPoint presentation will cause every employee to block you out after a very short amount of time. Such critical information needs to be heard and understoodâ€”and as an administrator, you have to be able to accomplish that task.
Your paper should be at least two pages, using proper APA format. For assistance with APA formatting, click on the “Student Resources” tab, and then click on “Writing Resources.”
Submit your assignment by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. (Pacific time).
Points possible: 75
Your textbook may be used as a reference. The APA format for your text is as follows:
Reference: Pozgar, G. D. (2016). Legal and ethical issues for health professionals (4th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more