how to write this essay 2
Please write 4 full pages.
It is a Computer Science AI class debate, I am playing the role of judge. And the Character we debate is a game character EDI. They attach field is the essay from Plaintiff and defense, please read their essay and write the conclusion for the judge. Here is the description for this assignment:
Goal: To explore what constitutes intelligence as well as what strengths and shortcomings exist in AI.
Description: You will be putting a real or fictional piece of AI on trial to determine whether it is truly intelligent and therefore whether it is deserving of rights. You will be assigned to work in groups of three â€“ within each trio you will decide who will take on each of the three roles:
- Plaintiff: you will be arguing that the piece of AI isnâ€™t You will read a variety of sources before the date of the trial and prepare an essay arguing your case, which you will submit. On the day of the trial, you will present your arguments to the judge in your trio.
- Defense: you will be arguing that the piece of AI is You will read a variety of sources before the date of the trial and prepare an essay arguing your case, which you will submit. On the day of the trial, you will present your arguments to the judge in your trio.
- Judge: you will listen to both sets of arguments on the day of the trial, ask questions and then prepare a written verdict essay after the trial. Your verdict essay will summarize the arguments presented by both sides and then specify which side you found most convincing and why, making reference to the specific arguments that convinced / failed to convince you.
Your trio will collectively decide â€œwhoâ€ you are going to put on trial. You can put Commander Data on trial, or you can choose another fictional AI character or you can put a real piece of AI, like Siri or Alexa on trial.
Plaintiff/Defense Requirements: Your essay should be written in a formal persuasive essay style. You should coherently present your arguments and evidence for why your position is correct. You should also fairly summarize what you anticipate the arguments of your opponent will be and present your counter-arguments to his/her points. Your essay must have a bibliography and appropriate citations — I donâ€™t have a preference about citation format, so feel free to use whichever one is most familiar to you. You should incorporate material from at least five separate readings into your essay.
Readings: The following readings may help you in completing this assignment. You are not required to use any of them as your five readings, but they represent a good starting point. They have been categorized by the position that they most readily lend themselves to supporting. However, reading opposing viewpoints is important to help you prepare a persuasive counter-argument. You are required to find 1 credible source beyond the ones listed here to read and utilize in your essay â€“ a source is credible if you can identify who wrote it and that the author has relevant expertise.
- Alan Turing â€“ â€œComputing Machinery and Intelligence (Links to an external site.)â€
- â€œ â€ from Artificial Minds by Stan Franklin
- Isaac Asimov â€“ Our Intelligent Tools
- Isaac Asimov â€“ Intelligences Together
- Isaac Asimov â€“ Cybernetic Organism
- Human Intelligence (Links to an external site.) entry in Encyclopedia Britannica
- John Searle â€“ â€œMinds, Brains and Programs (Links to an external site.)â€
- Roger Nagel â€“ â€œWhat itâ€™s like to be a Bat (Links to an external site.)â€
- Alan Turing â€“ â€œComputing Machinery and Intelligence (Links to an external site.)â€ â€“ presents common counter arguments
- â€œDeep Learning: A Critical Appraisal (Links to an external site.)â€ by Gary Marcus
- â€œWhy Artificial Intelligence like AphaGo Zero has Trouble with the Real World (Links to an external site.)â€ by Joshua Sokol
- â€œ â€ from Artificial Minds by Stan Franklin
Verdict Requirements: Your essay should be written in a formal academic style. It should fairly summarize the arguments presented by both the plaintiff and the defense. After summarizing the two sets of arguments, your essay should explain which argument was more convincing and why. You should base your decision more on the quality of the arguments than on the depth of sci-fi knowledge presented by each side.
Submission: If you are the plaintiff or defense, you will submit an essay laying out your arguments and counter-arguments the night before the trial itself. If you are the judge, you will submit your verdict essay four days after the in-class trial
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more