Film makers often dramatize historical events. In some cases this dramatization involves placing fictional characters in a particular historical setting. In other cases it involves portraying the life and times of actual historical figures. These efforts are artistic and entertaining; however, they also raise many important questions:
1. How historically accurate is the film?
2. If there are inaccuracies, what accounts for them? Is the director simply taking dramatic license in order to keep the story moving? Are the inaccuracies designed to manipulate the audience’s understanding of history for political or ideological reasons? Are the inaccuracies simply the result of carelessness on the part of the script writer and director?
With this in mind, your assignment in this Blog is to:
1. Read the following “Re-Viewing the Past” articles in your text:
A. Black Robe (p. 46)
B. The Crucible (p. 76)
C. The Patriot (p. 138)
D. The Alamo (p. 316)
E. Cold Mountain (p. 428)
2. Post your response to the following questions:
A. What reasons do your authors give to explain the historical inaccuracies in the films? Give an example from one of the articles.
B. In your view, do the historical inaccuracies harm or help our understanding of past events and historical figures? Explain.
C. In your view, do the historical inaccuracies harm or help our understanding of the present (people or groups)? That is to say, do directors use historical events and people to make a point about America and Americans today? Explain.
Your score will be based on the following:
1. Length. Your response must include a minimum of one paragraph for each question (A, B, and C), a total of three paragraphs.
2. The extent to which your response demonstrates critical thinking skills.
3. The extent to which you addressed the questions posed by the instructor.
4. Proper spelling and grammar must be observed (no text-speak).
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more