health and illness in diverse cultures 3
To be successful, follow the below steps:
- Go to www.census.gov. In the Search box in the upper right corner, type in your city and state. Click on the QuickFacts link.
- Scroll down to Race and Ethic origin. Choose an ethnicity that is not your own.
- Perform a literature search on the health practices/disparities/influences of that group. Report on the following:
- The ethnic groupâ€™s perception of communication.
- The ethic groupâ€™s perception of space.
- The ethnic groupâ€™s perception of social organization.
- The ethnic groupâ€™s perception of time.
- The ethnic groupâ€™s perception of environmental control.
- Finally, any biological variations of that ethnic group (for example, sickle cell anemia in African Americans or people of Mediterranean descent)
- Explain how awareness of these perceptions can influence the care you provide for a person of this ethnicity.
- Initial Post: Minimum of two (2) total references: one (1) from required course materials and one (1) from peer-reviewed references.
- Initial Post: Minimum 200 words excluding references (approximately one (1) page)
This weekâ€™s learning activities are video case studies on the Department of Health and Human Services Website, https://www.thinkculturalhealth.hhs.gov/resources/videos.
Choose one of the five videos and discuss the following:
- What is the diverse cultural background of the patient involved? After searching for information related to this culture, how do these individuals perceive health and illness?
- What is the overarching issue being presented in this video?
- What can be done to overcome the issue? Do research outside of the videoâ€”this information should be from professional, scholarly sources.
- Choose an example of a time you had to overcome a cultural barrier in your nursing practice. What was the issue? What was the diverse cultural background? What did you do to overcome the issue?
Minimum of four (4) total references: two (2) references from required course materials and two (2) peer-reviewed references. All references must be no older than five years (unless making a specific point using a seminal piece of information)
Number of Pages/Words
Unless otherwise specified all papers should have a minimum of 600 words (approximately 2.5 pages) excluding the title and reference pages.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more