Global Staffing & Emerging Economies and Globalization
****This assignment is for Googlescholar****
Every company finds it challenging to recruit and select top executives for an international location. The nationals of the host country will be aware of the local laws and customs and may accept a lower wage as well, but may not be familiar with the company’s culture and policies. The company’s employees, on the other hand, will know about the company’s business, culture, and policies, but might not be familiar with the culture and customs of the foreign country.
Your MNC is expanding its operations to South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, or Columbia). The subsidiary in South America will be manufacturing automobile parts. As a human resource executive, you have to decide how you will staff this new location for top- and middle-level management, and other employees.
Using the module readings, Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, respond to the following:
- Which model will be most appropriate for staffing each group: ethnocentric model, polycentric model, or global model? Explain your reasoning for each case.
Write a two-to-three-page paper in Word format. Utilize at least three scholarly sources in your research. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Emerging Economies and Globalization
Markets in developed economies are approaching saturation level. Therefore, MNCs are searching for new untapped markets in emerging countries such as India and China. Since the healthcare industry will continue to grow in the future due to the size of the global population and its age composition, General Electric Healthcare (GEH) is trying to capitalize on these trends. It is expanding its operations and development of new drugs and manufacturing of the medical equipment in India and China.
Read the following articles:
- At least one peer-reviewed article related to the trade theories in general as well as for China and India
- Articles related to the human resource management for MNCs, cross-cultural management, expatriate training, and expatriates’ success/failure in overseas assignments
- Articles related to GEH
Then, respond to the following:
- Select two trade theories that best explain why GEH expanded its operations of developing new drugs to India, and manufacturing X-ray business to China.
- Explain the selected theories, and then evaluate GEH’s reasoning.
- Explain possible pitfalls for such strategy from GEH’s perspective.
- Identify solutions to the possible pitfalls for the strategy.
- For each operation (India and China), evaluate GEH’s human resource strategy.
- Identify how you would design training for preparing expatriates for their assignments to India and China if you were in charge of their training prior to the overseas assignment.
Write a 7–10-page paper in Word format. Utilize at least five to seven scholarly sources in your research. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more