Harris (1966) measured the number of genotypes at the alkaline phosphatase locus in the English population. These are three alleles, designated F, I, and S (for fast, intermediate, and slow mobility in an electrophoretic apparatus).
SS SF FF SI FI II
141 111 28 32 15 5
1. what are the observed frequencies of the six genotypes?
2. what are the observed allele frequencies for the three alleles?
3. what are the Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium frequencies of the genotypes?
4. what are the Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium frequencies of the allele?
5. what is the total observed heterozygosity (i.e. the frequency of all heterozygotes)?
6. what is the total heterozygosity at the Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium?
7. Compare the observed and equilibrium heterozygosities. Does this suggest to you any departures from hardy-Weinberg conditions, and if so, what kind of departure?
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more