gen103 annotated bibliography
Prior to working on this assignment,
- Read Modules 3 and 4 in your course textbook.
- Review the Better Searches. Better Results handout.
- Review the GEN103 Determining Authority (Links to an external site.) and GEN103 Determining Currency (Links to an external site.)
- Review the Ashford Writing Centerâ€™s Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.) tutorial.
- Download and review the All Sources Annotated Bibliography template that you will complete and turn in for this assignment.
To prepare for this weekâ€™s assignment, apply the feedback your instructor gave you to revise your Week 3 assignment. To learn how to view the comments on your papers watch the Waypoint: Accessing Assignment Feedback (Links to an external site.) video
This week, you will complete your annotated bibliography
- Find two appropriate non-scholarly sources using a search engine such as Google or Bing.
- Create APA references for the non-scholarly sources.
- Write annotations for the two non-scholarly sources.
- Include references and annotations for the sources from Week 3.
- Develop a thesis statement based on your research question.
Find Two Appropriate Non-Scholarly Sources Using a Search Engine such as Google or Bing
Locate the search terms you developed in Week 3. Use them and a search engine (like Google or Bing) to find two non-scholarly sources that address your research question. In order to be appropriate, these sources must pass the CRAAP test.
The non-scholarly source may be any of these types of sources:
- A newspaper or magazine article (not an editorial).
- An article from a professional organization website or trade journal (e.g., science, medical, etc.).
- An article or report from a .gov website.
- A blog post written by an expert on the topic.
The non-scholarly source may not be
- A book or book chapter.
- A scholarly article.
- A reference source (e.g., encyclopedia, almanac, dictionary).
Be sure to copy and record the URL (web address) of the non-scholarly sources that you choose so you can include it in your reference.
Create APA References for the Two Non-Scholarly Sources
Remember what you learned about how to format references in the APA Skill Check (Links to an external site.) on creating references. Then, create the APA references for both sources in the All Sources Annotated Bibliography template. Check your references using the Ashford Writing Centerâ€™s Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) to ensure they are correct. Also, you may view the Week 5 Annotated Bibliography Example to review correct format.
Write Annotations for the Two Non-Scholarly Sources
Now, you will write annotation for the two sources. The annotations must be in your own words, two paragraphs long, and address the points below. Provide brief descriptions, explanations or examples to support your answers.
- What kind of source is this?
- What is the thesis or main claim of the source?
- What evidence or claims does the source present in support of the thesis? Present at least two examples of support the source uses.
- What other important claims does the source make?
Paragraph 2: Evaluate
- How adequately does the source support its thesis?
- How current is the information in the source relative to your research question?
- How credible and authoritative is the source for your research question?
- What limitations, if any, did you note in the source?
- How does the source help answer your research question?
Include references and annotations for sources from Week 3
Review the feedback from your instructor on your Week 3 Assignment. Make any revisions or corrections you think will improve your submission. Insert the revised references and annotations into the appropriate sections of your All Sources Annotated Bibliography template.
Develop a Thesis Statement Based on Your Research Question
Use the Turning Your Research Question into a Thesis Statement worksheet to help create your thesis statement. Your thesis statement should summarize the conclusions you came to after researching your topic and be no more than two sentences long. Note: you will not submit this worksheet for grading but will paste the thesis you develop at the beginning of your bibliography.
To make sure your submission is as strong as it can be it is recommended you:
- Use Grammarly (Links to an external site.) to assist in locating and correcting grammar and punctuation errors
- Submit your bibliography to Turnitin to make sure you did not accidently copy anotherâ€™s work.
- You may review the resource Understanding Turnitin (Links to an external site.) for more information.
- Submit your work to the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.) for feedback. The Ashford Writing Center staff can help you identify formatting, grammar, and other common writing issues in your work and give you ideas for ways to fix them. The Ashford Writing Center staff is available by email or by chat.
The Final Annotated Bibliography
- Must be double-spaced, include a title page and be formatted according to APA style as outlined on the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.) APA Formatting page. It should not include a References page.
- Must use the All Sources Annotated Bibliography template provided in the assignment instructions.
- Must use two scholarly articles, one e-book, and two non-scholarly sources.
- The Source Types handout offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more