Wesley Yang, â€œPaper Tigersâ€
Ta-Nehisi Coates â€œFrom Between the World and Meâ€
In the book Between the World and Me Ta-Nehisi Coates presents his own life story, growing up black in the US, and learning about the social injustices that surround us. The excerpt you read is focused on the role of education in his life, on how schools failed him and other African Americans by cultivating a sense of compliance and resisted curiosity: â€œI was a curious boy, but the schools were not concerned with curiosity. They were concerned with complianceâ€ (93). In the article â€œPaper Tigersâ€ Wesley Yang presents a very different education experience. He discusses the role of education related to Asian American stereotypes â€“ whether positive or negative. Both authors discuss the limitations of the current education system, and the impact is had on defining their own individual identities. In your fourth essay I would like you to look carefully at these two experiences, and using specific textual evidence from both articles, please answer the following question: How does education shape the individual?
Here are some things to think about:
- What challenges do Asian Americans face when it comes to education and cultural acceptance? How about African Americans? How are these challenges different, and how are they similar?
- What is the relationship between education and success?
- To what extent is education a mechanism for overcoming the limitations of social class?
- What role does ethnicity play in oneâ€™s education? How about in oneâ€™s professional life?
- What makes education successful?
- What is unconscious bias?
- What role does education play in creating diversity?
I will evaluate your paper by looking at:
- Your thesis: You should express and support your own idea about the assigned topic and use textual evidence from the two readings to help develop and support your claim.
- Your use of textual evidence and protocols: Choose relevant quotations and examples to further your project. (Each body paragraph should have two quotes, one from each writer.
- Your organization: Paragraphs should focus on one idea, build upon each other logically, and work toward the development of the total project. Think connectively!
- Your sentence clarity and correctness: Proofread your essay for grammar and spelling errors.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more