Finance – Discussion Questions
EVALUATION OF PORTFOLIO BETA AND THE REQUIRED RETURN ON STOCK
The tendency of a stock’s price to move up and down with the market is reflected in its beta coefficient. Therefore, beta is a measure of an investment’s market risk, and is a key element of the CAPM.
In this part of the project, you get financial information using Yahoo!Finance (found at http://finance.yahoo.com/ )
To find a company’s beta, enter the desired stock symbol and request a basic quote. Once you have the basic quote, select the “Key Statistics“. Scroll down this page to find the stock’s beta.
In your initial response to the topic you have to answer all 5 questions.
From Yahoo!Finance obtain a report on any two companies.
- What are the betas listed for these companies?
- If you made an equal dollar investment in each stocks what would be the beta of your portfolio?
- If you made 70% of dollar investment in stock A, and 30% of dollar investment in stock B, what would be the beta of your portfolio? Please show your work.
- Apply the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM) Security Market Line to estimate the required return on these two stocks. Assumptions and Data: Note that you will need the risk-free rate and the market risk premium. Assume a 5% market risk premium. To get the current yield on 10-year Treasury securities go to Finance!Yahoo’s (www.finance.yahoo.com) -click on Market Data – Bonds. You will use the current yield on 10-year Treasury securities as the risk-free rate to estimate the required rate of return on stocks.
- Compare the required return on these stocks calculated using CAPM in question #3 against their historical return over the last 52 weeks, found in the Yahoo!Finance – Key Statistics. Is there a difference between these returns? Is this a problem? Why is there a difference?
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more