film review report
Film Review Report Guide
Summary of three film reviews: 500+ words
Your own film review: 500+ words
Total word count: 1000 words
Two reports due by end of Wednesday, October 9 and November 13
The two film review reports assigned in this course are meant to prod you to think critically of selected films you have watched in this course. For each report, you will choose a film you have screened since the beginning of the course in the case of the first report, and since the due date of the first report in the case of the second report. (You may not write the second report on a film that was screened before October 9.) Each report is to contain two distinct parts. The first part presents three summaries of three respective film reviews of your choosing. The second part presents your own review of the same film.
- Determine which film you wish to write about.
- Visit RottenTomatoes.com where you are to enter the film title in the search window to locate professional film reviews of your selected films collected by Rotten Tomatoes.
- Read at least three reviews of you selected film. (If three of fewer reviews are posted to Rotten Tomatoes, then search on Google).
- Select three reviews to summarize. Select â€œtop criticsâ€ reviews on Rotten Tomatoes if available. Select reviews published in newspapers and magazines, not on blogs.
- In each of the three summaries, identify the name of the film critic, the title of the operative publication, and a link to each of the three reviews
- Having reflected on your film of choice, what you have read about it and your own experience of it, now write your own review. Your review must include:
- brief identification of the film: director, year or production, country(ies) of production, language, etc.
- a summary of the filmâ€™s plot
- analysis of at least three of the following: screenplay, acting, directing, cinematography, editing, sound, production/costume/make up design
- Your overall opinion of the film (supported by the preceding analysis)
Assignment Grading Scheme
Each entry will be marked out of 10 points, as follows:
Content (rigor, intellectual ambition, clarity, cohesiveness, flowâ€”4 pts) +
Compliance (wordcount, response to two piecesâ€”4 pts) +
presentation (spelling, punctuation, mechanics, dictionâ€”2 pts)
All journal entries must be submitted as an MS Word or Adobe file to TurnitIn and will be marked according to the above scheme and to include brief feedback.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more