english argumentative essay “high school level” valentines day
â€œIf men within themselves would be governed by reason and not generally give up their understanding to a double tyranny of custom from without and blind affections within, they would discern better what it is to favor and uphold the tyrant of a nation.â€ â€“ John Milton, The Tenure of Kings and Magistrates
Choose an American Custom to question. Historicize this Custom, make an argument for why it should no longer be followed, and provide a practical and detailed revision for a replacement Custom.
In a thesis driven, argumentative essay, argue why your chosen Custom should no longer be followed and how it should be altered to fit into todayâ€™s society. Using your own personal research, address this issue in an objective manner without using any personal narrative. As this is an argumentative essay, the goal of your writing should be to persuade your audience to agree with your position.
The purpose of this essay is to convey to your audience why Customs should not be blindly followed. Certain Customs are in effect because they are handed down from generation to generation but do not necessarily apply to todayâ€™s societal needs. It is your job to question these Customs and provide a logical argument as to why others should question these Customs as well.
Think about the factors that can influence this topic. Why was this Custom originally established? Why is it still in use today? Will you be able to present counter argument in an effective, non-biased manner? What is the societal, political, or economic impact of your topic?
Â· 5 Double Spaced Pages
Â· MLA Style with Proper Heading
Â· 5 Academic Sources (1 Pre-Approved Website)
Â· Times New Roman Font
Â· 12pt Font Size
Â· 1â€ Margins
â€œThere are still a lot of things that you are expected to believe and accept in America that I personally have a problem with, and I question a lot of these things.â€ George Carlin, Itâ€™s Bad For Ya
Major Essay Project 3 Grade Sheet
- Revised Thesis Statement
- Sufficient Revision
- Effective and Logical Argument
- Organization and Development
- 4 Page Minimum
- Academic Discourse
- Works Cited
- Proper Formatting & Submission
Major Essay Project 3 Brainstorming Questions
Questioning the American Custom
1. Is the Custom something that is prominent in America? It can be something that other countries also do, but it MUST be something done in America.
2. Do most Americans participate/believe/follow this Custom?
3. What is the American Custom in details?
4. When was the American Custom created?
5. Who established the American Custom?
6. Where was the American Custom created? It does not need to have originated in America in order to be considered a modern American Custom. It just needs to currently be an active part of the American lifestyle.
7. Why was the American Custom created?
8. How has the American Custom changed from its original meaning to the way it is viewed/enacted in todayâ€™s society?
9. Why should the American Custom no longer be followed?
10. What is one reason that a specific group would argue to KEEP the American Custom as is? What can you use to specifically argue AGAINST this reason?
11. What should be done instead of this traditional Custom? You can use preexisting ideas to help come up with a revision, but you need to show evidence of advanced critical thinking.
12. What sources have you consulted?
If you cannot find answers to these questions regarding a Custom you are considering writing on in your essay, you should consider searching for a new American Custom to discuss.
I also attached a bibliography for the essay, if you want to use it but you donâ€™t have to, also I need to argue that Americanâ€™s should no longer celebrate Valentines day
Note, Im international student, my English not that good, so I want the essay very simple English, for example high school level
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more