engl 1301 research paper on causes of underage drinking
Steps for Using Research:
1. 1. Choose your topic
2. 2. Brainstorm Ideas (Causes or Effectsâ€”depending on which topic you choose) that you already know about your topic. Remember, if you chose a Cause focused topic, you can brainstorm by asking yourself: WHY? If you chose an Effect focused topic, you can brainstorm by asking yourself: WHAT HAPPENS?
3. 3. Of these ideas, which seem to be the strongest? What main point do you feel you might be making by focusing on these ideas? (Hint: answering these questions will direct you to a tentative purpose and thesis). Write these causes or effects on the left side of your paper. (See below)
4. 4. Read your research packet through two times
5. 5. Fold your paper in half; on the left side, you should have your brainstormed ideas (cause/effect), and on the other side, write pieces of information from your research packet that could support that cause/effect. Keep in mind, the information from your research packet is NOT organized as cause/effect, and you may not even agree with what is said in the research packet. It is YOUR job as the scholar/writer, to think critically and cipher through the information and utilize it to suit your point.
Topic: Causes of Underage Drinking Question I am answering: Why do teens drink?
Write down 4-5 causes here (these should be your own thoughts/opinions. Write these down BEFORE you read your research packets):
Supporting Evidence (quotes, paraphrases from your sources that support the causes you wrote on the left side)
Unacceptable: I remember watching Vampire Diaries and everyone was drinking underage.
Acceptable: Many teens remember the common occurrence of teen drinking in the popular television series Vampire Diaries.
Length: Minimum: 4 full pages (5 pages with the Works Cited page)
Format: MLA One-inch margins, 12 pt. Times New Roman font, double-spaced
- Research Paper Reminders:
- Research Writing is limited to 3rd person. When you use personal experience or examples to support your claim, make sure you use a 3rd person voice. For example:
Incorrect: I remember watching Vampire Diaries, where underage drinking is portrayed as so normal, I did not even acknowledge it.Correct: Many adolescent viewers may remember watching Vampire Diaries, where underage drinking is portrayed as so normal that viewers do not even consciously acknowledge it.
- The thesis statement for Causal Analysis should state the cause effect relationship. Use the sample thesis statements in blackboard and in your textbook as guides.
- Understand that a body paragraph for research essays still have the same organization of any other body paragraph. It is just that for research essays, some of your major supporting details are pieces of evidence from articles. Scholars (which is what you now are) use evidence as supporting details to strengthen their opinions/claims.
- When using in-text citations make sure that you IQC
- This means body paragraphs should neither begin nor end with a quote. Body paragraphs should always begin with a topic sentence. For this essay, each topic sentence should state the cause or effect and its importance to your overall claim.
- This also means that you should never have quotes stacked.
- This also means that you can not use one introduction for multiple quotes/paraphrases
- IQC = Introduce: the author, credentials, and signal phrase
Quote: provide the quote, paraphrase, or hybrid Comment: explain, elaborate, and/or connect the purpose of the evidence to your point/claim
- Titles of articles should use MLA capitalization and be in quotation marks
- Make sure that you use a citation guide (use your textbook) for your in-text citations and for your Works Cited page.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more