EDU 695 MAED Capstone Week 1 Assignment
This paper will be a lesson plan for grades K-6 focusing on Common Core State Standards (CCSS). The paper will need to meet the standards listed below and also in the attachments. The paper will need to be three pages longs.
Supporting Diversity Through 21st-Century Teaching and Learning
This assignment re-introduces you to the framework of 21st Century Skills that you will consider each week as you work to redesign prior coursework for your ePortfolio. Note that a similar format is followed for each of the assignments in this course. You will upload this assignment to the course for evaluation and to your ePortfolio (Pathbrite).
Specifically, after reviewing the Framework for 21st century learning, you will redesign or modify a prior assignment from one of your courses in the MAED program that represents your mastery of the MAED program learning outcomes 1, 2, and 3. An assignment you may want to redesign could be in the form of a lesson plan or teaching unit you previously created for a course. Your redesign of the assignment must show a representation of 21st-century learning through incorporation of student outcomes and support systems, which are defined as follows:
- Student Outcomes: Learning and Innovations Skills (critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity), Core Subjects 3Rs and 21st Century Themes, Information, Media, and Technology Skills, Life and Career Skills.
- Support Systems: Standards and assessments, curriculum and instruction, professional development, learning environments.
When selecting an assignment to redesign, think about how the assignment should consider the diverse strengths, differences, cultures, and communities of students while offering a safe, collaborative, engaging, and inclusive learning environment.
If you do not have previous work to use for this assignment, please contact your instructor for guidelines on how to proceed. As needed, refer to the MAED program learning outcomes (PLOs) list. Create your assignment to meet the content and written communication expectations noted below.
The Redesign expectations explain what you are required to do with the prior coursework you choose to redesign. The Summary expectations are for the separate written portion of this assignment.
- Redesign – Outcomes (2 Points): Redesign of the lesson plan or teaching unit includes at least one component of the following 21st Century Student Outcomes: Core Subjects and 21st Century Themes, Learning and Innovation Skills, Information, Media, and Technology Skills, and Life and Career Skills.
- Redesign – Support Systems (1 Point): Redesign of the lesson plan or teaching unit includes at least one component of the following 21st Century Support Systems: 21st Century Standards, Assessment for 21st Century Skills, 21st Century Curriculum and Instruction, and 21st Century Learning Environments.
- Summary – Introduction/Conclusion (1 Point): A one paragraph introduction to the summary that concisely presents the scope and organization of the summary writing, as well as a one paragraph conclusion that recaps your summary’s key points.
- Summary – Modification (1 Point): For each revision, summarize in a paragraph how you revised the activity to address the components of 21st Century Student Outcomes and 21st Century Support systems. Explicitly state how your redesign assignment provides evidence of mastery of PLO’s 1, 2, and 3.
- Summary – Reflection (1 Point): In one page, reflect on your experience with the redesign in terms of challenges you encountered and how you overcame those challenges, including any difficulties experienced in revising to address the components of 21st Century Student Outcomes and 21st Century Support systems.
Written Communication Expectations
- Page Requirement (.5 points): Two to four pages, not including title and references pages.
- APA Formatting (.5 points): Use APA formatting consistently throughout the assignment.
- Syntax and Mechanics (.5 points): Display meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics such as spelling and grammar.
- Source Requirement (.5 points): Reference three scholarly sources in addition to the course textbook. All sources on the references page need to be used and cited correctly within the body of the assignment.
For information related to APA style, including samples and tutorials, please visit the Ashford Writing Center.
Next Steps: Review and Submit the Assignment
Review your assignment with the Grading Rubric to be sure you have achieved the distinguished levels of performance for each criterion. Next, submit the assignment for evaluation no later than Day 7.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more