discussion post 800
1. Consider the following scenario:
Health Care Associates is a large primary care facility located in a major metropolitan area. The staff consists of eight doctors, twenty nurses, and numerous personnel that provide the administrative support for the organization. In addition to general health care services, numerous other services are provided to the patient population. At this time, all information utilized by the organization is paper-based including medical records, scheduling, and various information generated by all other operations of the organization. Procedures and processes are not formally documented by the organization and the staff is having difficulty keeping up with the daily demands of normal operations. Documentation is lost or misplaced on a fairly regular basis, putting the staff into crisis mode as they try to make things right. Dr. Smith, the leading physician on the staff, realizes that the way the organization operates must change, but does not know where to start.
In Chapter 4, James F. Chang identifies four business process management principles. Based on the current state of the organization, describe how Health Care Associates could implement these principles to improve its effectiveness and performance. Your paper should be at least two pages double-spaced.
2. Describe why the role of process owner is so vital, especially in a process-oriented organization. If process owners are not assigned to processes, what are the potential ramifications? (3-7 full sentence is fine) i need that by tomorrow please.
3. Movie Club discussion! After watching the Moneyball movie,provide an overview of the movie, describe how baseballâ€™s major league team, the Oakland Aâ€™s organization, got smarter by using Business Intelligence? How did BI help with better management of their business? If you were the manager of any sports team (e.g. football, basketball, soccer, etc), how would you use BI to help better manage your business?
Your writing should be at-least 1.5 pages. You do not have to comment on classmates posts
- Moneyball is a movie inspired by a baseball team that used Business Intelligence to manage the team. Watch this movie using the link provided and learn more about how Business Intelligence helped baseball managers better manage their teams.
4. Review the IBM – Smart Leadership Series case studies (using the links below) and click on â€˜Learn Moreâ€™ located below the name of the following three organizations: Leading Insurer, Michigan State University, and Rochester Police Department. Using thecomplete and submit the matrix by describing the Business or Technology drivers that influenced the BI solutions. Describe the BI solutions implemented and reflect on how these solutions helped management better manage their business at the operational, tactical, or strategic level in the organization. At the end of the matrix and as a conclusion, describe the similarities and differences of the drivers that influenced the BI solution and the similarities and differences of how BI helped managers make better decisions. How do you think managers at Steel Wheels can better manage their business using a BI solution? There is no length requirement for completing this Microsoft Word matrix and assignment; however, be sure to include as much detail as possible when completing the matrix and use APA format.
- Leading Insurer (Links to an external site.) – This Leading Insurer case study shows how the company used business intelligence to better manage its business
- Michigan State University (Links to an external site.) – This case study describes what drove Michigan State University to implement the business intelligence solution
- Rochester Police Department (Links to an external site.) – The Rochester Police Department is an excellent example of the business intelligence drivers and solution implemented.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more