Determine the year-to-year percentage annual growth in total net sales.
Click here to download the selected financial statements for Micro Chip Computer Corporation. Answer questions 1 and 2 below based on the financial data.
- Determine the year-to-year percentage annual growth in total net sales.
- Based only on your answers to question #1, do you think the company achieved its sales goal of +10% annual revenue growth in 2009? Determine the target revenue figure, and explain why you do or do not feel that the company hit its target.
Next, consider Micro Chip’s Consolidated Statement of Operations for the year ended September 25, 2008. Download the file here and answer questions 1 and 2.
- Use the Percentage Sales Method and a 25% increase in sales to forecast Micro Chip’s Consolidated Statement of Operations for the period of September 26, 2008 through September 25, 2009. Assume a 15% tax rate and restructuring costs of 5% of the new sales figure.
- Discuss your results from question number #1. What assumptions have you made? Do any of your assumptions seem unreasonable?
To receive full credit on this assignment, please show all work, including formulae and calculations used to arrive at the financial values. Students using Microsoft Excel must provide an adequate explanation of the methodology used to arrive at that answer.
- Download the financial statements and consolidated statement of operations by clicking on the links above in the assignment description.
- Analyze the statements and then answer the four questions listed in the assignment description.
- Show all work including calculations and formulas. If applicable, provide a detailed explanation of how you used Microsoft Excel to arrive at your answers.
- Organize your answers, mathematical calculations, and Microsoft Excel data into a Word document of 1â€“2 pages.
Your submitted assignment (125 points) must include the following:
- A double-spaced Word document of 1â€“2 pages that contains your answers to the four questions listed in the assignment description, any calculations you performed, and all formulae that were used. Also, provide your Microsoft Excel data table(s) along with an explanation of how you arrived at your answers if applicable.
You will be graded on the accuracy of your financial calculations as well as your demonstrated understanding of financial statement analysis.
Micro Chip Computer Corporation
Consolidated Statements of Operations For the period September 26, 2007 through
September 25, 2008 Sales
Cost of Sales
R & D
Selling, General, and Administrative
â€process R & D
Total Operating Exp
Total interest and other Income net
Income before provision for Income taxes
Provision for income Taxes (15%)
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more