Imagine that you work for the maker of a leading brand of low-calorie, frozen microwavable food that estimates the following demand equation for its product using data from 26 supermarkets around the country for the month of April.
For a refresher on independent and dependent variables, please go to Sophia’s Website and review the Independent and Dependent Variables tutorial, located at http://www.sophia.org/tutorials/independent-and-dependent-variables–3.
Note: The following is a regression equation. Standard errors are in parentheses for the demand for widgets.
QD = – 5200 – 42P + 20PX + 5.2I + .20A + .25M
(2.002) (17.5) (6.2) (2.5) (0.09) (0.21)
R2 = 0.55 n = 26 F = 4.88
Your supervisor has asked you to compute the elasticities for each independent variable. Assume the following values for the independent variables:
Q = Quantity demanded of 3-pack units
P (in cents) = Price of the product = 500 cents per 3-pack unit
PX (in cents) = Price of leading competitor’s product = 600 cents per 3-pack unit
I (in dollars) = Per capita income of the standard metropolitan statistical area
(SMSA) in which the supermarkets are located = $5,500
A (in dollars) = Monthly advertising expenditures = $10,000
M = Number of microwave ovens sold in the SMSA in which the
supermarkets are located = 5,000
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Compute the elasticities for each independent variable. Note: Write down all of your calculations.
- Determine the implications for each of the computed elasticities for the business in terms of short-term and long-term pricing strategies. Provide a rationale in which you cite your results.
- Recommend whether you believe that this firm should or should not cut its price to increase its market share. Provide support for your recommendation.
- Assume that all the factors affecting demand in this model remain the same, but that the price has changed. Further assume that the price changes are 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600 dollars.
- Plot the demand curve for the firm.
- Plot the corresponding supply curve on the same graph using the following MC / supply function Q = -7909.89 + 79.0989P with the same prices.
- Determine the equilibrium price and quantity.
- Outline the significant factors that could cause changes in supply and demand for the product. Determine the primary manner in which both the short-term and the long-term changes in market conditions could impact the demand for, and the supply, of the product.
- Indicate the crucial factors that could cause rightward shifts and leftward shifts of the demand and supply curves.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze how production and cost functions in the short run and long run affect the strategy of individual firms.
- Apply the concepts of supply and demand to determine the impact of changes in market conditions in the short run and long run, and the economic impact on a company’s operations.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in managerial economics and globalization.
- Write clearly and concisely about managerial economics and globalization using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more