crj101 corrections case study
Assignment 3: Corrections Case Study
The history of correctional institutions is well documented. Correctional institutions (jails and prisons) house individuals who are awaiting trial and serving both short- and long-term sentences. Correctional officers are responsible for the monitoring, treatment, and supervision of individuals who have been found guilty by a court of law.
For this assignment, we will take you inside a look at the “Most Violent Prison 2016 – Part 1 – Maximum Security.”
- Describe the main methods Sergeant Baldwin and his staff use to maintain order and safety in the prison. Take a position on the effectiveness, risks, pros and cons, and ethics of these methods.
- Choose one (1) of the inmates profiled in this video–Terry Dibble, Simkayta Winfield, Jerico Jones, or Gregory Crowder–and discuss their situation. Explain how they ended up at Statefield, the main issues they described facing, and the methods they use to cope with their time in prison.
- Discuss the effect you feel the presence of the active armed guards has on the violence level and overall safety within this prison.
- Describe the issue of isolation in Statesville presented in this video and the effects connections and contact with outside visitors can have on the prisoners’ mental status.
- Identify at least two (2) issues that gay inmates here uniquely face. Identify at least one (1) method of protecting gay inmates against each of these identified issues.
- Take a position on how you believe conditions at Statefield could be improved. Include at least two (2) specific actions that could be taken to improve conditions (e.g., security and safety, abuse and use of force, isolation, poor food quality, etc.). Provide a rationale for your position.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Summarize the current ethical issues faced by criminal justice professionals and the future of the criminal justice system.
- Outline the major characteristics and purposes of prisons, including prisoners’ rights and prison society.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using this rubric.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Avoid plagiarism.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more