claim letter assignment 1
Your claim letter documents a problem with a specific product or service you have purchased and shows that you deserve compensation. In this assignment, request specific action to solve the problem.
Your audience will be the manager who will review your case and who has the authority to act on it.
Your goal is to use facts to persuade your reader to give you what you want.
Remain factual in your claim letter. Donâ€™t get angry or emotional, since facts, not feelings, get results.
In paragraph 1, give the facts by briefly describing the purchase. Give the date, place, item, and cost. Add information about the salesperson and delivery to support your claim.
In paragraph 2, explain what went wrong in a factual way that shows that you were not to blame. If you are requesting damages, be sure to include estimates and documentation.
In the third paragraph, be very specific (but reasonable) about what you want and when you want it. If you want a full cash refund and additional money for damages, say so. Donâ€™t let the reader decide what you should receive. Close your letter in a brief but positive way.
You may support your claim by including a list of receipts, warranties, photographs, or other evidence to support your claim. You do not need to provide such materials; only list them on the enclosure line. You should also refer to your evidence in the letter itself.
- Use letter format correctly (cf. business letter format in the previous assignment).
- Keep your writing style simple.
- Avoid rudeness, sarcasm, or threats. Avoid praise of the company or flattery to your reader.
- Provide all specifics about the case.
- Proofread to correct all errors.
- Sign your letter.
Please read the following carefully:
- Choose a real product or service that you have been displeased with. If you have never been displeased, you will have to make it up.
- Find the real/made- up address of the company responsible for the product or service.
- Find the real/made- up name of the person or department who would receive your letter.
- 1 page – /3 paragraphs (NOT MORE)
- Letter must be free of grammatical errors. Letter must be polite and professional. Clearly communicate your issue and what resolution you are seeking
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more