cis 552 assignment 3 ransomware and virus protection
Assignment 3: Ransomware and Virus Protection
You work as an information security specialist for a large financial company and your CISO has asked you to investigate recent ransomware attacks. The CISO wants to ensure that the company is well protected against these types of attacks.
Write a paper in which you answer the following:
- Identify the common targets of ransomware. Explain why these targets are so attractive to hackers.
- Using Google, search for a recent attack involving ransomware that has occurred within the last 3 months. Explain the type of business, how the attack was detected, and the outcome of the attack.
- Propose what users and system administrators should do when a potential infection is suspected.
- Compare and contrast viruses, worms, and Trojans. Indicate which of these you consider to be the greatest danger to computer users and/or the greatest challenge for security personnel to protect against.
- Use the Internet to identify three commercially available antivirus software products for corporate use. Compare the features of each and describe which one you would recommend (and why).
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze system vulnerabilities exploited by hackers.
- Design plans that remove Trojans, backdoors, and malware from infected systems.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in cybercrime techniques and response.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to cybercrime techniques and response using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more