busn623 assignment 1
Gemma and James have pooled their savings to create a start-up company to develop and market an idea they conceived while students together at MIT. They obtained permission to use a college lab during late night hours a few nights a week during their last term before graduating to work on the project. Then they were able to move to Jamesâ€™ parentsâ€™ garage. Now they need more sophisticated resources. They have created a prototype robotic device that will aid first responders in disaster relief by sensing and locating survivors remotely in areas unsafe for humans and dogs to navigate. The robotâ€™s sensors will locate living beings and can scan vitals and assess level of trauma. They have mapped out both private, public civil and military applications of this invention plus continued R & D improvement into next-phase capabilities. They have not shared their theory, the prototype, their documentation or any of the associated hard and soft technologies with anyone, but anticipate needing to do so to obtain a funding source. They are concerned about others learning of their technology ahead of their chance to obtain customers, because they caught a nosy classmate of theirs, Clarence, hanging around their lab.
Explain and discuss:
- The type of business organization Gemma and James should use to organize their business entity;
- The four types of intellectual property (IP) and which of these have application to Gemma and Jamesâ€™ invention. Include case law that illustrates these;
- The steps Gemma and James should take to protect their invention.
- What recourse they might have against Clarence (or someone like him) if he has indeed obtained knowledge of their invention, and how such a dispute might be resolved.
Concepts that should be included in your essay:
- Types of business organizations;
- Legal environment of business;
- Types of IP;
- IP protection;
- Relevant methodologies and practices as illustrated by major contributors or organizations (e.g. US PTO, WIPO);
- IP litigation claims and defenses and types of alternate dispute resolution (ADR), including case law that illustrates types of ADR in practice (especially IP);
- Considerations of business management for handling IP innovation, selection of IP protections;
- Business compliance issues that Gemma and James should consider.
Be creative! Organize your paper in APA format using appropriate headings with smooth transitions.
In addition to the case law, you must research and cite scholarly sources, one of which must be your textbook. (See rubric – Exemplary level requires 4 sources plus textbook.)
Please review the Rubric for this Assignment, as it is included as part of the instructions (attached).
Also attached: APA Paper- Writing Tips PPT to assist you in formatting your paper and citations. You can also refer to Purdue’s THE OWL, and APUS Library for APA guidelines.
Word length: The Exemplary level of the Rubric is 1500-2100 words. These are exclusive of title page and the References list. Also, you do not need to include an abstract.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more