Budgeting and Accounting
Choose an item that you would like to manufacture. You do not actually need to manufacture something, but will proceed through the assignment as if you were planning on manufacturing the item you have selected. The product should require materials and labor and be something that you are familiar with in process from start to finish. The product must be useful and marketable. You can choose something as simple as making chocolate chip cookies, a type of craft, or something more complicated. Consider production as if you were making the product from beginning to end, and not as if using a kit.
Perform the following steps:
- Choose a product to manufacture and describe the manufacturing process.
- Prepare the following budgets for 1 quarter, broken down monthly, regarding your chosen item:
- estimated sales budget
- estimated direct materials budget
- estimated direct labors budget
- estimated manufacturing overhead budget
- estimated selling and administrative expenses
- estimated income statement.
- Classify all manufacturing costs and selling and administrative expenses as either variable or fixed.
- Prepare a contribution margin income statement separating all variable and fixed costs into their own categories.
- Determine the breakeven point in units and dollars. Also determine the number of units and dollars that need to be sold to make a target profit of $5,000 a month.
- Identify what types of trends you should be aware of in the industry and who the primary competitors are.
- Answer the following question: If you had to improve the bottom line, what would you do and what concerns would you have going forward?
- Choose a piece of equipment that you might consider purchasing to increase production of your item and address the following questions: What types of capital budgeting factors would you look at when deciding whether to do this? What would be the relevant costs that you would consider in this decision?
Your final project should be in the form of a paper, using Microsoft Word, that addresses each of these different areas. Steps #1, 6, 7 and 8 will be in paragraph form and Steps #2, 3, 4 and 5 will involve numerical calculations that should be put into the form of a table in proper format and included as part of the paper. You should show any calculations in a table within Word. Your paper should be 3-6 double-spaced pages (body of the paper)
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more