as the accountant for wheatley international it is your job to prepare the company s income statement and balance sheet
Chapter 17 – CRITICAL THINKING EXERCISE: PREPARING FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
Watch this 23-minute video for help and guidance with the hands-on activity in this module. If the video doesn’t begin automatically, please copy and paste this YouTube URL into your search engine:
for a PDF accessible version of the Instructional Video transcript (Lecture Notes Pages)
As the accountant for Wheatley International, it is your job to prepare the companyâ€™s income statement and balance sheet.
Use the accounts listed below to construct the statements. Assume that the tax rate is 25%.
Use the sample Income Statement (Figure 17.7, page 486), Balance Sheet (Figure 17.5, page 489), and List of Accounts of the Balance Sheet and Income Statement (Figure 17.9, page 494) in the 11th edition of the textbook to help prepare each of the financial statements appropriately.
The formula for the balance sheet is assets equal liabilities plus stockholdersâ€™ equity.
To prepare a balance sheet, add the assets and liabilities. The difference between the two is stockholdersâ€™ equity.
For the income statement, you subtract cost of goods sold from net sales (revenue). Then you subtract expenses to get gross income. From that, you subtract the income tax of 25% to get net income.
(Note: The format of these statements may be slightly different from the format taught in studentsâ€™ accounting courses. The exact format is less important than understanding the overall concepts.)
- to download the Excel spreadsheet already prepared for the Balance Sheet and Income Statement or click on the link under the Attachment heading below.
- Save the completed Excel document using the following format: Lastname-Firstname-Ch17-CTE
- Upload your assignment file as a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet
Canvas Student Guides:
- How do I submit an online assignment? (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (Links to an external site.) https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-9539-421241972 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (Links to an external site.)
- How do I upload a file as an assignment submission in Canvas? (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (Links to an external site.) https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10663-421254353 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (Links to an external site.)
- How do I know when my instructor has graded my assignment? (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (Links to an external site.) https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10664-421254358 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (Links to an external site.)
The Grading Rubric for this assignment is available below.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more