art write paper
For this assignment, I’d like you to visit an art museum in person and write an essay analyzing two works of art in the collection.
I already went to the museum at Maria Manetti Shrem Museum of Art UC Davis.
1. For this assignment, please choose two works of art ….
- Featuring the same basic subject (landscape, portrait, etc.) or same feeling or mood.
- Having a different style–one should be more abstract than the other.
These works can have a different medium–for example, one could be a sculpture, the other a photograph.
2. In your first paragraph, identify the museum by name and identify the two works of art completely (give the artist’s name, the title, the date, and the medium). In a sentence or two, describe the concept of the first work (what it’s about specifically, or what the artist’s work is generally about), according to the artist and/or the museum. At the end of the sentence, be sure to note where the information about the concept came from. Then, in another sentence or two, describe the concept of the second work, and again provide information about your source at the end of the paragraph.
3. Sketch both works of art (a little thumbnail sketch is fine–don’t worry if you’re not an artist! Just make your best attempt, and use color, where appropriate).
4. In a paragraph, compare the style of the two works. How does the style affect the artwork’s feeling and message? Be sure to use Ch. 3, “Approaches to Abstraction,” and Ch. 4, “Beyond Pictures,” to help you identify and discuss the artist’s approach to abstract and nonobjective art styles. Then, review Ch. 7 to determine how idealized or veristic each work appears. Note that some works of art can have a mixture of styles–some parts can be more abstract, or more idealized, than others.
5. In another paragraph, compare the artists’ use of line (Ch. 5). Be sure to address how the use of line direction, line shape, and line texture impact the artworks’ meaning. Which is more analytical in line, and which is more expressive? Be sure to point out specifics to support your argument.
6. In another paragraph, compare the artists’ use of light and space (Ch. 6). Which is more analytical in light and space, and which is more expressive? Be sure to point out specifics to support your argument.
7. In another paragraph, compare the artists’ use of color (Ch. 10). Which is more analytical in color, and which is more expressive? Be sure to point out specifics to support your argument, using proper color terminology.
8. In your conclusion, summarize how the line, light, space, color, and style of each work relates to the artists’ concepts. Then, state whether overall these works share a similar message, or if they have very different messages for the viewer.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more