analysis on food security 5
The members of the United Nations found great value in the analysis you provided on the effects of global warming that result from population growth. They are now asking you write an additional analysis to include further issues related to population growth. Here is the issue they have asked you to consider:
The member states of the United Nations seek to build food systems that can provide global food security which will feed everyone, everywhere, every day by improving food quality though the promotion of effective and nutritional agricultural practices. The crucial issue is not the lack of food in the world but the access to that food. In many developing countries, food shortages are due to governmental control over food distribution. These governments maintain control of the population and their power by limiting access to nutritious food to certain groups. In this practice, they thereby “weaponize” food.
Your second project as a consultant for the United Nations is to develop an analysis that addresses three issues related to global food insecurity caused by global population growth and poverty, and to explore these issues in a developing country of your choosing.
The UN has given you the following guidelines.
The UN has asked that your paper contain three sections. Each section should be one page (or approximately 300 words) in length and answer specific questions, identified in the outline below. It also asks that you use examples from your developing country when answering the questions.
Provide an introduction of half a page minimum that addresses points a-e below.
- Explains the problem the UN has asked you to address in your own words;
- Identifies the three sections your paper will cover;
- Identifies the developing country you will consider;
- Tells the UN the causes of food insecurity; and
- Provides a one-sentence statement of your solutions at the end of your introduction paragraph.
Section I. Background
- What is food insecurity?
- What role does population growth play in food security?
Section II. Technologies That Can Reduce Hunger and Improve Food Security
- What forms of technology can be used to reduce hunger and improve food security?
- How would these technological solutions work?
- What causes of food insecurity do these technologies address?
Section III. Specific Factors in Chosen Developing Country
- Considering the causes of food insecurity, what factors interrupt the flow of food from the source to the people in the developing country you selected?
- Provide a conclusion of half a page minimum that includes a summary of your findings that the United Nations can use to inform future policy decisions.
- In answering each question, use examples from your developing country to illustrate your points.
- The UN needs facts and objective analysis on which to base future policy decisions; avoid personal opinion and make sure your answers are based on information you find through research.
- Make sure your paper consists of four to six pages of content (or 1,200 words minimum, not including the cover or reference pages).
- Create headings for each section of your paper as follows:
- Section I. Background
- Section II. Technologies That Can Reduce Hunger and Improve Food Security
- Section III. Specific Factors in Chosen Developing Country
- Use and cite at least five credible sources in your research. A list of potential resources is available below.
- Make sure your paper contains both in-text citations and a source list, per SWS guidelines: Refer to the Strayer Writing Standards (SWS) document for reference.
- Include a cover page with your name, the country you selected, the date you submitted the paper, and your instructorâ€™s name.
- Peter Timmer. May/June 2015. Food Security and Scarcity: Why Ending Hunger Is So Hard. Foreign Affairs. https://www.foreignaffairs.com/reviews/capsule-review/food-security-and-scarcity-why-ending-hunger-so-hard
- The United Nations Population Division. 2017. World Population Prospects: The 2017 Revision. https://www.un.org/development/desa/publications/world-population-prospects-the-2017-revision.html
- Will Martin. November 5, 2010. Food Security and Poverty: A Precarious Balance. Let’s Talk Development blog by The World Bank. http://blogs.worldbank.org/developmenttalk/food-security-and-poverty-a-precarious-balance
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more