4T FINANCE – ORIGINAL WORK – DUE TOMORROW AT 9AM EST (10 HOURS)
Prepare written responses to the Mini Case problems from the text below:
Prepare a 350 word summary in which you compare and contrast at least two risk management tools and techniques from forward contracts, future contracts, and derivatives.
Make a recommendation to management about which technique is most appropriate from a risk management standpoint. Support your findings by including answers and rationale from the Mini Case.
For your job as the business reporter for a local newspaper, you are asked to put together a series of articles on multinational finance and the international currency markets for your readers. Much recent local press coverage has been given to losses in the foreign exchange markets by JGAR, a local firm that is the subsidiary of Daedlufetarg, a large German manufacturing firm.
Your editor would like you to address several specific questions dealing with multinational finance. Prepare a response to the following memorandum from your editor:
- To: Business Reporter
- From: Perry White, Editor, Daily Planet
- Re: Upcoming Series on Multinational Finance
In your upcoming series on multinational finance, I would like to make sure you cover several specific points. Before you begin this assignment, I want to make sure we are all reading from the same script because accuracy has always been the cornerstone of the Daily Planet. Iâ€™d like a response to the following questions before we proceed:
- What new problems and factors are encountered in international, as opposed to domestic, financial management?
- What does the term arbitrage profits mean?
- What can a firm do to reduce exchange risk?
- What are the differences among a forward contract, a futures contract, and options?
Use the following data in your responses to the remaining questions:
|Selling Quotes for Foreign Currencies in New York|
- An American business needs to pay (a) 15,000 Canadian dollars, (b) 1.5 million yen, and (c) 55,000 Swiss francs to businesses abroad. What are the dollar payments to the respective countries?
- An American business pays $20,000, $5,000, and $15,000 to suppliers in, respectively, Japan, Switzerland, and Canada. How much, in local currencies, do the suppliers receive?
- Compute the indirect quote for the spot and forward Canadian dollar contract.
- You own $10,000. The dollar rate in Tokyo is 216.6752. The yen rate in New York is given in the preceding table. Are arbitrage profits possible? Set up an arbitrage scheme with your capital. What is the gain (loss) in dollars?
- Compute the Canadian dollar/yen spot rate from the data in the preceding table.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more