1000-1200 words due Tomorrow
For your third Individual Project, you will be writing an essay of 1,000 words or more about two additional poems from the assigned reading list. Please select two works from the list of fifteenâ€”excluding the one you already reflected on in Part A of the Phase 3 DB assignmentâ€”and answer the questions below. Again, be sure to begin your paper with an engaging introduction and clear thesis statement, develop each point in the body of your paper using examples and quotes from the poems, and conclude your paper with a restatement of your thesis and closing remarks. Also, make sure you maintain your credibility by including in-text citations and a reference list correctly formatted in APA style.
- Imagery: What visual images can you identify in both poems? Comment on the details you notice about objects, places, people, colors, textures and so forth. Which of your other senses are stimulated by the poetsâ€™ descriptions?
- Figures of Speech: List the specific metaphors, similes, puns and other figures of speech each poet uses and how they contribute to the poemâ€™s overall meaning. (Remember, figurative language is not literal but rather suggestive of something else. For example, the metaphor, â€œJack is a pig,â€ is not a reference to an actual animal with hooves but rather someone named Jack who has pig-like qualities or mannerisms.)
- Symbolism: Identify the symbols you notice in each poem. What abstract concepts (e.g., love, death, truth) might the concrete objects (e.g., persons, places, things) suggest?
- Language and Word Choice: Every word in a poem has been included (or left out) after much deliberation, as poets choose their words very carefully. Remark on the following in each poem: Does the poet use informal or formal language? Does he or she write in an older dialect or contemporary English? Provide examples.
- Tone: What tone does each poet take (e.g., sad, humorous, sarcastic, loving, etc.) toward his or her subject matter?
- Themes: What are the main messages of both poems? Give reasons for your answers.
- Sound: Read both poems aloud. What do you notice about their rhythms, rhyme schemes and musicality? How does listening to the sound of a poem differ from merely reading it as words on a page?
- Final Thoughts: Poetry can enlighten and/or evoke deep emotion in readers. Express the impact each of the two poems you have analyzed for this assignment had on you. What insights did you gain about life or human nature, and what feelings did each piece stir in you? Has your view of poetry changed in any way since reading and analyzing the Phase 3 poems? Explain your answer
the list of poems are below the one i already used has already been taking out.
â€œTraveling through the Darkâ€ by William Stafford, p. 440
â€œMy Papaâ€™s Waltzâ€ by Theodore Roethke, p. 479
â€œShall I compare thee to a summerâ€™s day?â€ by William Shakespeare, p. 487
â€œDo Not Go Gentle into That Good Nightâ€ by Dylan Thomas, p. 491
â€œAlzheimerâ€™sâ€ by Kelly Cherry, p. 512
â€œBuilding with Its Face Blown Offâ€ by Billy Colins, p. 541
â€œThe Videoâ€ by Fleur Adcock, p. 551
â€œA Red, Red Roseâ€ by Robert Burns, p. 561
“this morning (for the girls of eastern high school)â€ by Lucille Clifton, p. 563
â€œBecause I could not stop for Deathâ€ by Emily Dickinson, p. 565
â€œPied Beautyâ€ by Gerard Manley Hopkins, p. 575
â€œHarlemâ€ by Langston Hughes, p. 576
â€œThe New Colossusâ€ by Emma Lazarus, p. 579
â€œTheyâ€ by Siegfried Sassoon, p. 581
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more